Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Eating Problems

Well it is only the 29th and I am ready for the holidays to be over. The activity and time spent with others is not the problem. My problem is my eating habits change at this time of year. It's the several undisciplined feeding frenzies that have created my current discomfort. There has been too much meat and potatoes, sugar and spice, and not enough fruit, vegetables, grains and legumes in my diet.

My solution, look in the mirror and say "Jay, get a hold of yourself. You are screwing up this healthy lifestyle stuff", and then begin again. That is the good thing about changing lifestyle habits. When you screw up, you can simply start again. I will get more exercise, eat healthy, and help others. It is not necessary to wait for New Year's Day. That will only prolong my agony and set the stage for more procrastination. I am changing my diet as of last night and I will get some running in tonight. I have kept up with my supplementation program and that will be enhanced by my proper diet and exercise.

No comments: