Sunday, January 25, 2009

Medicine for the Spirit

Meditation is medicine for the spirit. Nutrition can heal the mind, but meditation can heal the spirit. I recently had a great experience with active meditation. In order to promote a consistent healthy exercise plan a group of my friends and family have started a walking group. We meet every day possible and walk at a vacant school gymnasium. During these events I have begun a regiment of running, concentrating very heavily on my breathing. This level of concentration causes me to enter into a state of meditation that is very difficult to break and causes me to be able to run longer with less pain or breath control problems. Long distance running has been a problem for me because of a shortness of breath. I have never been able to run around the block. Today when I practice meditation while running I can run for half an hour or better. It is my goal to continue to run for longer periods of time. I do experience a great peace of mind while a run and after I run when meditation is involved.

Be healthy stay active!

No comments: